Wednesday 10 June 2015

What next?




Well, MMM'15 is done, the kids are back at school following half term holidays and the dust has started to settle, so of course I'm spending time pondering where to go next with my sewing projects.   I have a whole list of possibilities but I'm having trouble making my mind up!  

This is really a 'getting my head sorted' kind of a post, but if you feel like chipping in with suggestions or ideas then please leave a comment.

Here's the shortlist:
  • More tops  -  This was my sewing dare during Me Made May, and the two top combos I made are in regular rotation.  The only problem with making more tops is that it has left me more dissatisfied with my RTW tops which are all getting a bit old and shabby and don't necessarily fit as I would like!  I could still do with making another Renfrew or two.  I have been holding off as I think I need to reprint the pattern since the size I made comes up a bit large on me.  I'd also like to make a couple more of the kimono-sleeve Ts, either with cotton lawn again, or perhaps with jersey.  They're pretty quick to make up now I have the pattern drawn out.  Of course, there's also the Mathilde Blouse - probably one of the first patterns I bought but have yet to make.  I cut the pattern out ages ago but never got any further.  I think it would look lovely in the red and white cotton lawn I used for my indian print top, and I think I just about have enough left.  
  • A dress!  -  Since starting sewing I haven't yet taken the plunge and made an actual dress.  I have a couple of patterns ready to go - the new Sewaholic Davie Dress, and Vogue V1395.  It does require a bit of work though and, let's face it, I'm pretty lazy!  I've printed the Davie dress PDF pattern, but I've been putting of sticking it together.  It's a lot of pages!!  However, I do have fabric ready for both a (hopefully) wearable toile, and for the final dress.   The Vogue V1395 needs tracing from the paper pattern, but I'll definitely have to make a toile for this one to check the length of the bodice and sort the armholes out (I hear they come up pretty gaping big!).    
  • Shorts  -  I have a pair of Grainline Maritime Shorts cut out from the last of my stretch denim (used for my Indigo Moss Skirt and Denim Moss Jean Skirt).  I just need a zip and they'll be ready to sew.  I'd like to get these sewn up before the holidays.  Unfortunately the weather here is not reflecting the fact that it is June and therefore summer (remember summer?) so I wouldn't be likely to get any wear out of these for a while at least!  I definitely lean more towards projects that I know I can throw on and wear the next day!  
  • Something for one of the kids  -  I still haven't sewn up the Brindille and Twig hoodie that I cut out a while ago.   I don't think this will take long to complete once I actually get going on it.  I've also bought the Made by Rae Geranium pattern in Emily's size to make some summery tunic style dresses to go with leggings, although I haven't got fabric sorted yet.  Still trying to find the motivation to do some unselfish sewing though!!  

So that's it - a quick summary of my plans and misgivings!!  What do you think I should sew next?  And what are you planning?  I'm going to sit down tonight and see if I can manage to prep at least one of these projects to get going on over the weekend.  




Ta ta for now! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.